1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
I used to be able to do a backbend kick-over from standing up.
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
Getting sucked into a whirlpool.
4. Describe your writing style in 10 words.
Sensitive, quirky, gently humorous with an environmental and educational edge.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Nathaniel Ward from The Amazing Case of Dr Ward. I relate to his curiosity and eagerness.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
End 2023 so I can have a better insight into where Covid is headed.
8. What would your 10-year-old self say to you now?
You should have pursued your book journey earlier.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
It’s not a who, but a what. The magical natural world around me.
10. What/who made you start writing?
Inner voice. Drove me mad until I did something about it!
11. What is your favourite word and why?
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Neverending Story!
After being the owner of a botanical art gallery and retail store, Sandra Severgnini decided it was well and truly time to nurture her passion and focus on children’s picture books. A fascination for the amazing natural world around her inspires her words and brings sensitivity and humour to her illustrations. For more information, see www.severgnini.com.au.
August 2, 2022 at 12:35AM Penny Harrison