1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
I have the WORST sense of direction. I get lost daily! I can walk into a shop, have a quick look around then when I walk out I have absolutely no idea which direction I came from. It’s like a reverse superpower.
2. What is your nickname?
Wasi. Robson. Trentosaurus.
4. Describe your writing style in 10 words.
That’s a tricky one. Ahh, I just wasted my words!
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Hopefully I’m funny, silly, thoughtful, heartfelt and positive.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Mr Happy or Little Miss Sunshine from the Mr and Mrs Men series. They seem to have life sorted.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I would love to travel back 200 million years to when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. It would be scary but worth it to see those beautiful beasts in the flesh.
8. What would your 10-year-old self say to you now?
Cool shoes! (I dreamt for years about owning the sneakers I’m currently wearing)
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My family, my friends, my teachers and The Simpsons.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I’ve loved playing with words since I was little but I had two teachers in high school — Mr Carroll and Mrs Gitz1 — who really nurtured my passion for writing. Also, The Simpsons.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Aproximadamente. It’s Spanish for ‘approximately’ and such a fun word to say and write.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It would have to be something incredibly long and complex so I discovered new things every time I read it. Probably Mr Happy, by Roger Hargreaves.
Trent Roberts is a screenwriter and author who lives in the western suburbs of Melbourne with his partner, two kidlets and French bulldog, Ziggy. He loves the ocean, weird animals, indie pop and choc-tops. While he can’t do any of the stunts described in his book, he can do a half-decent forward roll and, in perfect conditions, remain upright on his surfboard for a few seconds. For more information, see www.panmacmillan.com.au.
July 19, 2022 at 12:51AM Penny Harrison